Where do you begin when you want to start trading the markets? I believe homework is crucial, reading, chart studies, historical prices, risk management, trader psychology, learning from the success stories and professional managers are all key areas to cover. Below are links to some great interviews by top traders that explain their principles of success, the best trading books to focus on reading, traders to follow on twitter to see how they operate, a trading group that has many passionate traders, both students and also professionals, and hundreds of trading book reviews I have written over the years on Amazon that can act like a cliff notes for trading books. If this isn’t a good free start, I don’t know what is.
- Michael Covel has done an amazing job bringing free interviews to the public from some of the world’s best traders, money mangers, and best selling authors. Michael Covel’s podcast is the underground alternative hit that has reached as high as #2 on iTunes investing channel. It now reaches listeners in 165 countries. Subscribe via iTunes or Android. Podcast RSS feed
- Here is a list of the twenty five top trading books that helped readers make money in the markets as voted on by readers of my blog.
- Here are the top 25 most helpful twitter users in 2012 as voted on by thousands of people during my poll last year. Following and interacting with these twitter users can speed up the learning process.
- My private facebook traders group “New Traders, Rich Traders, and Good Traders” has many very successful traders that are willing and enjoy helping new traders get started. If you are interested send me a friend request on facebook and ask to be added to the group.
- I have written detailed reviews of over 250+ trading/investing books on Amazon. Reading these reviews can give you a short cut with many trading lessons with out actually having to read all 250 trading books completely.