What is the Hulu Stock Price?

What is the Hulu Stock Price?

Hulu does not have a stock price because it is owned by other corporations.

There is no publicly traded Hulu stock, it is a corporate owned joint-venture. There is no Hulu stock price quote or a ticker symbol for the company. 

Hulu can be indirectly invested in my buying shares of Disney stock (DIS) or Comcast (CMCSA). It is a small part of these companies company but Hulu is one of the most popular and fasting growing streaming services.

Hulu was founded and went into development in 2006 as a joint venture of several different companies that partnered together:  NBC Universal, Facebook, Microsoft, Myspace, and Yahoo!. Hulu went live and began streaming in the U.S. in March 2008. The Disney Corporation started investing in Hulu in 2009.

By 2020, Disney ended up owning 67% and Comcast owned  the remaining 33% of Hulu. Disney has agreed to buy Comcast’s 33% Hulu ownership in January 2024. Disney is set to own 100% of Hulu in 2024 after the deal is completed.

The Mandarin Chinese word hùlù (互录/互錄) means interactive recording. Hulu could be where the biggest transition is currently going from cable to streaming television both live and in demand. Live streaming is what separates Hulu from much of its competition as well as access to local television stations. 

Hulu added 10.7 million subscribers in 2019 and 2020 and has a U.S. audience of 36 million. 

The best way to indirectly invest in Hulu stock is to buy Disney stock (DIS) as it’s share in the streaming service will grow from 67% to 100% on the next three years. Disney investors will be capturing the full value growth of Hulu inside the DIS share price. 

What is the Hulu Stock Price?