Michael Burry is a famous investor that made his fortune shorting the housing market in 2007-2008 using derivatives. He manages Scion Asset Management, LLC. He’s a deep value investor looking for stocks below fundamental company value. He will also sell short stocks that are fundamentally far too high based on intrinsic current and future company value.
Michael Burry Bookshelf
Michael Burry recently shared a picture of one of his bookshelves with his followers before later deleting the tweet.
Michael Burry Book List
- Security Analysis By Benjamin Graham
- You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market by Joel Greenblatt
- Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist by Roger Lowenstein
- When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management by Roger Lowenstein
- All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis by Bethany McLean
- Atlas Shrugged Mass Market by Ayn Rand
- Structured Finance and Collateralized Debt Obligations: New Developments in Cash and Synthetic Securitization by Janet M. Tavakoli
- Credit Derivatives: A Guide to Instruments and Applications by Janet M. Tavakoli
- Warren Buffet and Shareholder’s Letters
- Structured Credit Products: Credit Derivatives and Synthetic Securitization by Moorad Choudhry
- Where Keynes Went Wrong: And Why World Governments Keep Creating Inflation, Bubbles, and Busts by Hunter Lewis
- Financial Warnings: Detecting Earning Surprises, Avoiding Business Troubles, Implementing Corrective Strategies by Charles W. Mulford and Eugene E. Comiskey
Did Michael Burry write a book?
While Michaal Burry didn’t write a book himself, however he is featured as the main subject of The Big Short by Michael Lewis and the movie by the same name and his character is played by Christian Bale.