People measure success in many different ways. Some people measure it in money, Possessions, careers, love, power, security, or fame. I measure success by how happy I am. Freedom makes me happy, and so do my friends and family. I love learning new things and doing things I am passionate about. In life, we will only get back what we give. We will only be rewarded for the risks we take. Only time separates us from our goals.
What is your plan for happiness? Follow these steps and realize joy in your lifetime.
- Don’t do things half-way. Only do things that you are passionate about. If you can’t do something with all of your heart, then continue to look for your true calling. Then do it to the best of your ability.
- Know where you are going. If you don’t know where you are going, your decisions and destinations will be a random result of your environment. Goals take time, perseverance, and effort. Most people never accomplish anything because they quit too early, don’t work hard enough, and don’t finish.
- Don’t get lost. The path to happiness and success will be treacherous and foreboding at times. Don’t go down the wrong path for too long. Remain agile enough to change direction quickly.
- Don’t allow losers into your life. You must conserve your energy for your passions. You have a limited amount of time and energy to invest in the things you want in life. Invest your energies into the people and the projects that share and/or understand your passions.
- Choose who you spend your time with carefully. You are the average of the people you spend the most time with, and you will become like them. They will influence you for good or bad. Accept the right people into your life, and both of your lives will be the richer for it.
- Visualize your happiness. Every night when you go to bed, imagine how you want your life to be in the future. Experience it, believe it, lock on to that as your goal. Then focus on becoming the person that can live the life of your dreams.
- Happiness is found in accomplishment. Living the life you choose is satisfying, and you will be happier while exploring your life journey, rather than working a job. Waking up each morning with the freedom to spend your time and energy the way you chose is the embodiment of success and happiness.