On this Thanksgiving day there are many things traders and investors have to be thankful for in 2016. Let us stop for a second and count or blessings trading and investing in the 21st century under conditions that would have made stock market operators of the past jealous.
- Incredibly low discount broker commissions. You can trade for less than $5 per trade and even lower with per share brokers.
- We have access to a liquid option contract market that did not exist in its current form before 1970.
- You can learn a lot about the stock market for free on social media.
- Almost any conceivable type of Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) you could want is available.
- There are thousands of great trading/investing blogs you can read for free online.
- The Fed is actively supporting the stock market by their actions.
- There are hundreds of high quality trading books on the market, this use to be a very niche market with few books.
- You can buy many trading books very cheaply used on Amazon.
- There are very affordable trading/investing eCourses online where you can learn quickly what took others years to learn the hard way.
- News is instant online.
- Trading monitors are very affordable and easy to install if you like that type of thing.
- Trades can be executed instantly even from your phone in 2016.
This is not your father’s stock market, it’s yours, welcome to the 21st century.