The majority of people think the only way to make money is to have a job. They also think they must go to college to get a good job. A job is just a one of many ways to create cash flow and earn money. The first step toward financial independence and growing your net worth is to open your mind to other sources of income by selling your time to a company in return for a pay check. There is nothing wrong with a job but do not limit yourself to that one source of money. Grow your sources of cash flow to grow your net worth and freedom.
- Actively trading financial markets for capital gains can create compounded growth of money. Four years of 20% annual returns can double money.
- Investing in a stock market index ETF through buy and hold investing grows capital at about 10% a year on average.
- Investing in the right stock can turn a few thousand dollars into a million dollars over a few decades if you invest in the right stock. A portfolio of growth stocks and adding a trend trading signal can increase your odds of finding the right stock.
- You can own a stock that pays you a share of the company’s earnings through dividends.
- You can own a bond that pays you interest for lending the bond seller money through your purchase.
- Buying a cash flowing asset like a rental property, Air BnB, vending machine, car wash, laundry mat, etc. can be a source of money while you sleep.
- Creating a cash flowing asset like a book, website, video game, eCommerce, YouTube channel, eCourse, etc. can be a source of income.
- Instead of finding a job you can create or buy yourself a job by purchasing an owner operator franchise. These are businesses you buy that you must operate.
- You can buy a business where your only job is to hire the right manager to run your business.
- You can create your own business by providing a service to customers.
- You can own a home that goes up in value.
- You can own commercial real estate that you lease to businesses.
- College, a job, and a boss are not the only path to income but just one of many possibilities.
Check out my book “The Working Dead” for more ideas on wealth building and escaping your job.