Warren Buffett’s company Berkshire Hathaway was holding 43 different company stocks in its portfolio on June 30, according to the most recent regulatory filing with the SEC on Aug. 14, 2019.
The biggest six positions account for nearly 70% of the portfolio’s value: $AAPL $BAC $WFC $KHC $KO $AXP
The top 10 positions are 80% of the current portfolio: $AAPL $BAC $WFC $KHC $KO $AXP $USB $JPM $MCO $GS
The portfolio is very heavily weighted in financial services, consumer staples, and transportation.
The filters Warren Buffett looks at in stock selection are:
- Competitive edge in their market.
- Great value for the stock price versus the companies future cash flow.
- Products that have repeat consumption.
- A company that delights its customers.
- A product that people will likely buy for the next 20 years or more.
- The company and industry is growing.
- A great company for a good price.
- The company has excellent management.
- Efficient business operations.
Also note that many of the newest holdings of Berkshire Hathaway are being chosen by the heirs of Warren Buffett his portfolio managers Todd Combs and Ted Weschler who he has mentored.
Berkshire Hathaway’s current complete 2019 portfolio:
- American Airlines Group (AAL)
- Amazon.com (AMZN)
- Apple (AAPL)
- American Express Co. (AXP)
- Axalta Coating Systems (AXTA)
- Bank of America Corp. (BAC)
- Bank of New York Mellon Corp. (BK)
- Charter Communications (CHTR)
- Coca-Cola Co. (KO)
- Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST)
- Delta Air Lines (DAL)
- DaVita (DVA)
- General Motors Co. (GM)
- Globe Life (GL)
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- Kraft Heinz Co. (KHC)
- Liberty Global (LBTYA, LBTYK)
- Liberty Latin America (LILA, LILAK)
- Liberty Sirius XM Group (LSXMK, LSXMA)
- Mastercard (MA)
- Moody’s Corp. (MCO)
- Mondelez International (MDLZ)
- M&T Bank Corp. (MTB)
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG)
- PNC Financial Services Group (PNC)
- Phillips 66 (PSX)
- Restaurant Brands International (QSR)
- Sirius XM Holdings (SIRI)
- Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV)
- StoneCo (STNE)
- Store Capital Corp. (STOR)
- Suncor Energy (SU)
- Synchrony Financial (SYF)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA)
- Travelers Companies (TRV)
- United Airlines Holdings (UAL)
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- U.S. Bancorp (USB)
- Visa (V)
- VeriSign (VRSN)
- Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC)