I have read over 400 trading books over the past 15 years that have enabled me to pull life changing amounts of money out of the markets. Which ones were most influential for me and which ones most influenced my own trading style and books? Here are the top ten trading books I consider to be the most helpful for me personally and the ones that helped me find ways to navigate the market’s price action, manage risk along with my own emotions, and make money.
- Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders
- Trend Following: How to Make a Fortune in Bull, Bear, and Black Swan Markets
- The New Trading for a Living: Psychology, Discipline, Trading Tools and Systems, Risk Control, Trade Management
- Trade Like a Casino: Find Your Edge, Manage Risk, and Win Like the House
- Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom
- How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times and Bad
- The Universal Principles of Successful Trading: Essential Knowledge for All Traders in All Markets
- Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
- How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market
- Trading Psychology 2.0: From Best Practices to Best Processes
What I like the most about these books is how they interview or model profitable traders and explain the structure of successful trading with the importance of risk management, the right psychology, and creating a methodology that fits your own personality and gives you an edge.
Do you agree with this list? Did I miss any trading books that changed your own journey in the markets? Let me know what you think.