I like moving average signals for their power and simplicity in trend trading and here is why:
- Moving averages are a way to smooth price action and quantify a trend.
- Moving averages are tools that can work on any time frame.
- They can remove your predictions and opinions from your trading and replace them with moving average signals.
- Unlike trend lines, moving averages are quantifiable facts not left to interpretation.
- Moving averages are simple to use to backtest systems.
- You can combine multiple moving averages for crossover systems that are good at filtering out noise and volatility and capturing trends with less false signals.
- Many legends mentioned moving averages in their trading like Ed Seykota, Jerry Parker, and Paul Tudor Jones.
- Moving averages are better ‘gurus’ to follow than the talking heads on financial television.
- You can’t argue with the facts. Either price is above or below them.
- They have made me a lot of money during trends by using quantified signals to get me in when they begin and get me out at the end when the trend starts to bend.
Here are my three moving average books:
Trading Tech Booms & Busts for QQQ http://amzn.to/2tMRDQ0
5 Moving Average Signals That Beat Buy and Hold http://amzn.to/2tMEhmV