A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeeze opportunities.
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome.
Bears that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the most shorted stock list can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher after reaching one of the highest levels of short interest.
Here is a list of the top 25 most heavily shorted stocks today.
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 57.09% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BFRI Biofrontera Inc Nasdaq 41.97% Pharmaceuticals
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq Utilities – Electric
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 36.72% Communications Services
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 35.87% Food Processing
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 35.65% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 34.51% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 31.63% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 30.94% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 29.71% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- LGVN Longeveron Inc Nasdaq 29.34% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 28.46% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 28.36% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 28.13% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Nasdaq 26.40% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- RMO Romeo Power Inc NYSE 25.96% Electrical Components & Equipment
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 25.47% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 24.64% Retail (Drugs)
- IRBT iRobot Corporation Nasdaq 24.54% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. Nasdaq 24.45% Healthcare Facilities
- NXTD NXT-ID Inc Nasdaq 23.90% Business Support Supplies
- BBIG Vinco Ventures Inc Nasdaq 22.89% Toys & Children’s Products
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 22.75% Retailers – Department Stores
- GDRX Goodrx Holdings Inc Nasdaq 22.40% Online Services
- INO Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 22.36% Biotechnology & Medical Research
The NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting on short interest. So it is constantly updating and changing but is delayed in reporting.