Here is a top 20 list of the current most shorted stocks with the highest short interest as of the last update. Be aware that the NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting. So it is constantly changing but is delayed in reporting.
These are the companies that have had the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short over the past month. These short positions reveal built in buying pressure as the short stocks must be bought back at some point to cover. These stocks are the ones in the highest danger of short squeezes as the bears may have overstayed their welcome. Bears failed to lock in their profit at oversold levels and appear to be betting on a $0 price point that will likely never happen. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and getting on the most shorted stock list can be a bullish signal for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
- AMC AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc 78.97%
- SPCE Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc 71.95%
- FUBO Fubotv Inc 71.91%
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. 65.48%
- LGND Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc. 64.88%
- FIZZ National Beverage Corp. 62.62%
- SPWR SunPower Corporation 57.49% 80.92M
- SKT Tanger Factory Outlet Centers 52.41%
- GSX GSX Techedu Inc 50.32%
- TR Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. 45.91%
- GOGO Gogo Inc 43.95%
- AXDX Accelerate Diagnostics Inc 43.08%
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc 42.89%
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. 42.56%
- CLVS Clovis Oncology Inc 42.13%
- RKT Rocket Companies Inc 40.72%
- GME GameStop Corp. 39% updated February 2nd.
- SRG Seritage Growth Properties 38.69%
- IRBT iRobot Corporation 38.45%
- PRTS Carparts.Com Inc 37.50%