Below is a list of the top 20 current most shorted stocks with the highest short interest across all major U.S. stock exchanges as of the last update.
These are the companies that have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short positions reveal built in future buying pressure as the shares short must be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones in the highest danger of short squeezes as the bears may have overstayed their welcome. Bears failed to lock in their profit and appear to be betting on a $0 price point. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market however getting on the most shorted stock list can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher after reaching the highest level of short interest in the market.
Be aware that the NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting. So it is constantly changing but is delayed in reporting.
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 35.81%
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 34.44%
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 33.82%
- SPRT Support.com, Inc. Nasdaq 33.44%
- ROOT Root Inc Nasdaq 33.27%
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 32.61%
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 32.53%
- GOTU Gaotu Techedu Inc NYSE 31.37%
- CRCT Cricut Inc Nasdaq 29.70%
- CLVS Clovis Oncology Inc Nasdaq 28.98%
- GDRX Goodrx Holdings Inc Nasdaq 28.13%
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 27.77%
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 27.53%
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 26.73%
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 26.34%
- SENS Senseonics Holdings Inc AMEX 26.26%
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. Nasdaq 26.15%
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 25.40%
- GEO The GEO Group Inc NYSE 24.63%
- PRTS Carparts.Com Inc Nasdaq 24.28%