A list of the current most shorted stocks today can be the place to look for deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest across all major U.S. stock exchanges should be watched and stay updated on for short squeeze opportunities.
These company stocks have the highest percentage of their shares borrowed to sell short. These short positions reveal built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover unless they go to zero. These stocks are the ones in the highest danger of short squeezes when the bears realize they have overstayed their welcome. Bears that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings enough hope back for the company that the stock begins to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the most shorted stock list can be bullish for a stock signaling it could be about to rally higher after reaching one of the highest levels of short interest.
NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting on short interest. So it is constantly updating and changing but is delayed in reporting.
Here’s the list of the 25 most heavily shorted stocks in the stock market currently.
Rank/Ticker/Company/Exchange/Short Interest%/ Industry
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 53.36% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- AGC Altimeter Growth Corp Nasdaq 41.88% Investment Holding Companies
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 36.75% Utilities – Electric
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 36.18% Food Processing
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 34.54% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 34.07% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 33.54% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 32.52% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 32.24% Communications Services
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 29.81% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 28.77% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- RMO Romeo Power Inc NYSE 28.60% Electrical Components & Equipment
- GOTU Gaotu Techedu Inc NYSE 28.50% Miscellaneous Educational Service Providers
- ROOT Root Inc Nasdaq 27.45% Insurance – Multiline & Brokers
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. Nasdaq 26.97% Healthcare Facilities
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 25.71% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- CRCT Cricut Inc Nasdaq 25.43% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- IRBT iRobot Corporation Nasdaq 25.19% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 24.72% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 24.62% Retail (Drugs)
- BBIG Vinco Ventures Inc Nasdaq 24.35% Toys & Children’s Products
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 24.06% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 23.06% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 22.98% Retailers – Department Stores
- SKLZ Skillz Inc NYSE 22.54% IT Services & Consulting