A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeeze opportunities.
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome.
Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
Here is a list of the current top 30 most heavily shorted stocks.
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 54.28% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 39.44% Utilities – Electric
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 37.05% Communications Services
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 37.01% Food Processing
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 35.53% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 34.06% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 31.38% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 30.30% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 29.36% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Nasdaq 29.03% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- NXTD NXT-ID Inc Nasdaq 27.98% Business Support Supplies
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 27.90% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BBIG Vinco Ventures Inc Nasdaq 27.67% Toys & Children’s Products
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 27.58% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 27.25% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- RMO Romeo Power Inc NYSE 26.92% Electrical Components & Equipment
- BFRI Biofrontera Inc Nasdaq 25.85% Pharmaceuticals
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 25.72% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- IRBT iRobot Corporation Nasdaq 24.55% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 24.13% Retail (Drugs)
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 23.32% Retailers – Department Stores
- GDRX Goodrx Holdings Inc Nasdaq 23.27% Online Services
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. Nasdaq 23.12% Healthcare Facilities
- SENS Senseonics Holdings Inc AMEX 23.06% Medical Equipment & Supplies
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 23.02% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- SKLZ Skillz Inc NYSE 22.74% IT Services & Consulting
- INO Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 21.62% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- CLVS Clovis Oncology Inc Nasdaq 20.98% Biotechnology & Drugs
- VLDR Velodyne Lidar Inc Nasdaq 20.95% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- ZYXI Zynex Inc. Nasdaq 20.57% Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
The NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting on short interest. So it is constantly updating and changing but is delayed in reporting.