A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeeze opportunities.
Highest Short Interest Stocks 2022
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover.
Short Squeeze Stocks
These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome. Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
Most Heavily Shorted Stocks
Here is a list of the current top 25 stocks with the highest short interest.
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 44.84% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 43.10% Communications Services
- CTRN Citi Trends, Inc. Nasdaq 42.84% Retailers – Apparel & Accessories
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 42.74% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 38.14% Food Processing
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 34.78% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- RAD Rite Aid Corporation NYSE 34.26% Retailers – Drug
- VTNR Vertex Energy Inc Nasdaq 30.37% Oil & Gas – Refining and Marketing
- IGMS IGM Biosciences Inc Nasdaq 29.63% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 29.10% Utilities – Electric
- EVGO Evgo Inc Nasdaq 28.08% Utilities – Electric
- CRSR Corsair Gaming Inc Nasdaq 27.49% Computer Hardware
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 27.10% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 26.75% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- BIG Big Lots, Inc. NYSE 26.62% Retailers – Discount Stores
- RMO Romeo Power Inc NYSE 26.61% Electrical Components & Equipment
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 25.61% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- DNMR Danimer Scientific Inc NYSE 25.58% Chemicals – Commodity
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 24.96% Retailers – Department Stores
- MVIS Microvision, Inc. Nasdaq 24.75% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- ZYXI Zynex Inc. Nasdaq 24.53% Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- SKLZ Skillz Inc NYSE 24.53% IT Services & Consulting
- SPCE Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc NYSE 24.32% Aerospace & Defense
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 23.94% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 23.20% Software & Programming