A list of the current highest short interest stocks can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The most shorted stocks on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated on for potential short squeeze opportunities. The higher the short interest percentage rises in ranking on the list the greater the probability of a short squeeze higher on any positive news. Only the stocks with the real potential of near term bankruptcy have the risk of really going to zero. Most others will have at least one short covering rally eventually even if it is only temporary.
Highest Short Interest Stocks 2022
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover.
Short Squeeze Stocks
These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome. Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher. Stocks that get to the top of this list show too many people are betting on zero.
Most Shorted Stock Now
Currently the most shorted stock right now is Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. with the ticker symbol BBBY traded on the NASDAQ exchange with a 46.38% short interest. BBBY has fallen from a recent high of $30.06 in March 2022 to a low of $4.38 in July 2022. This retailer of the past has fallen on tough times as their sales and profits have been crushed by endless competition and their failure to innovate over the past twenty years.
Most Shorted Stocks Right Now
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Nasdaq 46.38% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 43.76% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 39.29% Software & Programming
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 37.91% Food Processing
- SWTX SpringWorks Therapeutics Inc Nasdaq 37.51% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BIG Big Lots, Inc. NYSE 37.37% Retailers – Discount Stores
- EVGO Evgo Inc Nasdaq 35.65% Utilities – Electric
- UPST Upstart Holdings Inc Nasdaq 35.60% Consumer Lending
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 34.65% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- SRG Seritage Growth Properties NYSE 34.38% Real Estate Operations
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 32.77% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 32.54% Utilities – Electric
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 31.11% Retailers – Department Stores
- FUBO Fubotv Inc NYSE 30.23% Online Services
- CVNA Carvana Co NYSE 29.88% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- GDRX Goodrx Holdings Inc Nasdaq 28.93% Online Services
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 28.25% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 28.19% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- VUZI Vuzix Corp Nasdaq 28.17% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 27.73% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 26.86% Retail (Drugs)
- FFIE Faraday Future Intelligent Ele Nasdaq 26.30% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- KPTI Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc Nasdaq 26.17% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 25.76% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 25.56% Biotechnology & Medical Research
If you are ready to improve your trading game you can get a more in depth understanding of how to use technical analysis for profitable trading with my best selling trading books on Amazon here.
I have also created trading eCourses on my NewTraderUniversity.com website here. My educational resources can save you time in your trading journey. Learn from my 30 years of experience in the markets.