A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest across on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated on for short squeeze opportunities.
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones in the highest danger of short squeezes after the bears may have overstayed their welcome. Bears that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the most shorted stock list can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher after reaching one of the highest levels of short interest.
Here is a list of the 25 most heavily shorted stocks in the stock market currently.
- BFRI Biofrontera Inc Nasdaq 89.54% Pharmaceuticals
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 59.10% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 35.39% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 34.29% Food Processing
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 34.23% Utilities – Electric
- ISPC iSpecimen Inc Nasdaq 32.79% Retailers – Department Stores
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 32.00% Communications Services
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 31.50% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- GOTU Gaotu Techedu Inc NYSE 31.40% Educational Service Providers
- RMO Romeo Power Inc NYSE 31.15% Electrical Components & Equipment
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 30.28% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BKKT Bakkt Holdings Inc NYSE 29.65% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 29.09% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 26.18% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- IRBT iRobot Corporation Nasdaq 25.98% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. Nasdaq 25.55% Healthcare Facilities
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 25.34% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 24.97% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- APVO Aptevo Therapeutics Inc Nasdaq 24.48% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 24.27% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 23.13% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 23.11% Retail (Drugs)
- VLON Vallon Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 22.76% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 22.37% Retailers – Department Stores
- BBIG Vinco Ventures Inc Nasdaq 22.26% Toys & Children’s Products
The NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting on short interest. So it is constantly updating and changing but is delayed in reporting.