A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeeze opportunities.
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome.
Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
Here is a list of the current top 25 most heavily shorted stocks.
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 41.91% Utilities – Electric
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 40.04% Communications Services
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 38.04% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 36.65% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 36.63% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 35.69% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- CTRN Citi Trends, Inc. Nasdaq 34.50% Retailers – Apparel & Accessories
- BKKT Bakkt Holdings Inc NYSE 34.49% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- RMO Romeo Power Inc NYSE 33.81% Electrical Components & Equipment
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 33.55% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 32.36% Food Processing
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 31.66% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 29.85% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BBIG Vinco Ventures Inc Nasdaq 28.18% Toys & Children’s Products
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 28.03% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 28.00% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 26.51% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Nasdaq 25.99% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- ZYXI Zynex Inc. Nasdaq 25.38% Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- ROOT Root Inc Nasdaq 25.12% Insurance – Multiline & Brokers
- BTBT Bit Digital Inc Nasdaq 24.80% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- REI Ring Energy Inc AMEX 23.77% Oil & Gas – Exploration and Production
- IRBT iRobot Corporation Nasdaq 23.64% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- MVIS Microvision, Inc. Nasdaq 23.62% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 23.20% Software & Programming
The NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting on short interest. So it is constantly updating and changing but is delayed in reporting.