A list of the current most shorted stocks can be a great place to start for potential deep dip value buys. Stocks with the highest short interest across all major U.S. stock exchanges is a good list to watch for potential huge bounces when there are short covering fueled rallies.
The below companies have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. The short interest reveals built in future buying pressure as the shares short must be bought back to cover. These stocks are the ones in the highest danger of short squeezes as the bears have overstayed their position. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market however stocks getting on the most shorted stock list can be bullish for a stock signaling it could rally higher after reaching one of the highest level of short interest in the entire market.
Be aware that the NASDAQ short interest is updated twice a month. Short interest data is reported on mid-month and end-of-month settlement dates for NASDAQ listed stocks. Most exchanges do month end reporting. So it is constantly changing but is delayed in reporting.
Here is a list of the 25 most shorted stocks in the stock market currently.
- GREE Greenidge Generation Holdings Inc., Inc. Nasdaq 68.36% Fintech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 45.23% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- WKHS Workhorse Group Inc Nasdaq 36.46% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 35.82% Utilities – Electric
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 33.09% Communications Services
- SDC SmileDirectClub Inc Nasdaq 32.82% Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 32.44% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- ROOT Root Inc Nasdaq 28.70% Insurance – Multiline & Brokers
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 28.28% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 28.20% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 26.33% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- GDRX Goodrx Holdings Inc Nasdaq 26.08% Online Services
- CRCT Cricut Inc Nasdaq 25.97% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- OTRK Ontrak, Inc. Nasdaq 25.72% Healthcare Facilities
- GOTU Gaotu Techedu Inc NYSE 25.29% Miscellaneous Educational Service Providers
- SKLZ Skillz Inc NYSE 24.89% IT Services & Consulting
- IRBT iRobot Corporation Nasdaq 24.87% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- PETS Petmed Express Inc Nasdaq 24.85% Retail (Drugs)
- SENS Senseonics Holdings Inc AMEX 24.64% Medical Equipment & Supplies
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 24.19% Software & Programming
- CLVS Clovis Oncology Inc Nasdaq 23.48% Biotechnology & Drugs
- AXDX Accelerate Diagnostics Inc Nasdaq 23.02% Scientific & Technical Instruments
- PRTS Carparts.Com Inc Nasdaq 22.86% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 22.78% Retailers – Department Stores