A list of the current most shorted stocks right now can be a great place to look for potential deep dip value buys. The stocks with the highest short interest on major U.S. stock exchanges is also a good list to watch and stay updated for potential short squeeze opportunities.
Highest Short Interest Stocks 2022
The below company stocks have the highest percentage of their share float borrowed to sell short. These short interest levels show built in future buying pressure as the shares short must eventually be bought back to cover.
Short Squeeze Stocks
These stocks are the ones with the highest probability of short squeezes after the bears have overstayed their welcome. Short sellers that failed to lock in their profit late in a high short interest stock can get a big upside surprise with any bullish news event that brings hope back for the stock to go higher. Selling short goes against the long term trend in the stock market and stocks getting on the list of most shorted stocks can be bullish for a stock signaling it is about to rally higher.
Most Heavily Shorted Stocks
Here is a list of the current top 25 stocks with the highest short interest.
- BYND Beyond Meat Inc Nasdaq 40.77% Food Processing
- FUV Arcimoto Inc Nasdaq 40.64% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- GOGO Gogo Inc Nasdaq 40.18% Communications Services
- CTRN Citi Trends, Inc. Nasdaq 39.84% Retailers – Apparel & Accessories
- BGFV Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp Nasdaq 38.24% Retailers – Miscellaneous Specialty
- ICPT Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Nasdaq 36.89% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- NKLA Nikola Corporation Nasdaq 36.49% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- MSTR MicroStrategy Inc Nasdaq 36.48% Software & Programming
- UPST Upstart Holdings Inc Nasdaq 34.70% Consumer Lending
- NPCE Neuropace Inc Nasdaq 33.96% Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- W Wayfair Inc NYSE 33.18% Retailers – Department Stores
- VTNR Vertex Energy Inc Nasdaq 33.07% Oil & Gas – Refining and Marketing
- CRTX Cortexyme Inc Nasdaq 32.00% Biotechnology & Medical Research
- CVNA Carvana Co NYSE 31.68% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- EVGO Evgo Inc Nasdaq 30.46% Utilities – Electric
- BLNK Blink Charging Co Nasdaq 30.06% Utilities – Electric
- RAD Rite Aid Corporation NYSE 29.80% Retailers – Drug
- BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Nasdaq 29.64% Retail (Specialty Non-Apparel)
- VUZI Vuzix Corp Nasdaq 29.30% Electronic Equipment & Parts
- EOSE Eos Energy Enterprises Inc Nasdaq 29.06% Electrical Components & Equipment
- SFT Shift Technologies Inc Nasdaq 28.96% Retailers – Auto Vehicles, Parts & Service
- REV Revlon Inc NYSE 28.43% Personal Products
- BIG Big Lots, Inc. NYSE 27.96% Retailers – Discount Stores
- RIDE Lordstown Motors Corp Nasdaq 27.52% Auto & Truck Manufacturers
- OCGN Ocugen Inc Nasdaq 27.42% Biotechnology & Medical Research